NOTE FROM COACH KEVIN- FEB 24TH
Dear Parents and Swimmers,
If our state meet swimmers perform half as well as our eight and unders did last Sunday we are in for a great meet!
Our eight and unders dominated the YMCA Eight and Under State Meet in spite of the fact that we weren’t at full strength given the change in the schedule.
Reid McCuiston broke two meet records—in the 7 and under 25 free (14.36) and 25 fly (15.59.)
Our swimmers swept the relays and we had first places from…
- Jack Palmer (7 and under 100 IM 1:40.68)
- Elliana Ker (8 and under 100 IM 1:35.09, 25 fly 16.61 and 100 free 1:19.83)
- George Howe (5 and under 25 free 23.19 and 25 back 29.81)
- Emily Bailey (6 and under 25 free 19.65, 25 back 24.55 and 25 breast 32.40)
- Jake Brown (6 and under 25 free 17.66 and 25 back 21.88)
- Reid McCuiston (7 and under 25 free 14.36, 25 fly 15.59 and 25 back 19.18)
- Mary Bailey (8 and under 25 free 15.92 and 25 breast 19.46)
- Jack Lobley (8 and under 25 free 17.06)
- Teddy Howe (7 and under 50 free 36.16)
- Owen Brown (8 and under 25 back 18.34)
- JB Danczak (8 and under 25 breast 23.61)
BBD’ s future is certainly bright! Congratulations to all of our eight and under swimmers!
Good luck to all of this weekend’s swimmers!
The championship season is a wild time! We like our swimmers to end their season with their best meet and carry their enthusiasm into the future. It has been a different season with US changing their line-up of championship meets and the coaching staff is doing their best to make sure our swimmers are happy with their progress and their results.
COVID has been, and continues to be a challenge, for all of us. It has been particularly difficult for our metro YMCAs. If at all possible, if you are able, please consider maintaining your Y membership during the off-season. The Y has a lot to offer—of course BBD is the best thing it brings to you—but consider all that it contributes to the community.
PLEASE NOTE THE UPCOMING PRACTICE SCHEDULE CHANGES:
9/10 and 11/12 COMBINED – 5:00 to 6:15 @ Cranbrook
Saturday, 2/26 and Sunday 2/27
ALL PRACTICES CANCELED DUE TO YMCA STATE MEET
Wednesday, March 2nd
11-12s 4:00-5:30 @ YMCA
13-14s 8:00-9:30 @ YMCA
15 & U – canceled
Thursday, March 3rd
9-10s – 4:00-5:30 @ YMCA
13/14 – canceled
15&U – 8:00-9:30 @ YMCA