IMPORTANT UPDATE: Time Trials Y States
Good evening -
Thank you for your patience as we have worked through the details of our plan for tomorrow. Again, we will make a final decision regarding the afternoon session in the morning. At this time it is our intention to run the rest of the meet as planned.
Please note the following timeline change for Saturday afternoon’s session and details for the Time Trials.
Saturday PM Session – REVISED 3/3
12:00 noon – Doors Open
12:15 – 1:15 – Warm-Up
12:15 – Coaches Meeting
1:15 – 4:45 – Session
We are happy to announce that we have worked things out with SVSU so that we will be able to offer a limited time trial session tomorrow evening FOR QUALIFIED 13&UP SWIMMERS ONLY!.
1. Duration and start time. Based on our current timeline, we expect to have approximately one (1) hour for time trials as we have a hard stop at 6 pm. While the Time Trial session is estimated to begin at 4:45 pm, this is only an estimate. It may be earlier or later depending on the timing of the PM session.
2. Entry Procedure.
Time trial entries will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the one hour time limit is met, with priority for those swimmers for whom this would be their last meet/swimmers who are extremely close to a Zone/National cut.
*Email email@example.com with your swimmer’s name and their one time trial event (qualified event ONLY, bonus events are not eligible) if they plan to be present and want to swim*
3. Entry limits.
Swimmers are permitted one (1) time trial entry and it must be in an event in which the swimmer has already achieved the YMCA State Qualifying Time (i.e., no “bonus” swims).
4. Events. Time trial events are limited to the following:
5. All events will be run as mixed events. Events will be combined where appropriate.
6. Timers. We will be in need of timers for the time trial session. Be expected to time if your child is swimming time trials
7. Warm-ups. There will NOT be a separate warmup session for the time trial session. Swimmers should plan to warm up in the warmup pool prior to their event
8. PLEASE email your child’s time trial event BY 8AM on Saturday, 3/4/23!!!